Welcome to the College of Hospitality Management and Tourism Management
The Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management (BSHM) is a four-year degree program that covers the process of conception, planning, development, human resource and management of the different aspects of the hotel, restaurant, and resort operations.
The Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management (BSTM) is a four-year degree program related to the fields of hospitality and tourism education. It provides students the opportunity to become directly involved in managing and planning the world’s biggest people industry.
- Coffee shops
- Bar and Cocktail Lounge
- Fast-food chain
- Travel agencies and Government agencies
- Shipping lines
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Learn the roles and functions of a leader in the hospitality industry
- Learn the roles and functions of a manager in the hospitality industry
- Understand the importance of continuous improvement process
- Understand the importance of goal-setting and team-building
- Understand the importance of conflict management
- Understand the need for career planning
- Learn and apply production forecasting techniques and procedures
- Describe physical and perpetual inventory systems
- Recognize the importance of outstanding guest service quality, server-guest relationships, and ethics
- Improve ability to exercise judgment and critically analyze problems
- Apply and improve written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills
- To provide the student with “real life” experiences in the hospitality industry.
- To provide the students with an experiential learning opportunity at various levels of responsibility