Welcome to the College of Education
Education is an independent field of study.
Dr. Gloria D. Lacson Foundation Colleges of Cabanatuan City’s Education Department was established in August 2010. From that date to present, it offered the following courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education (BSED)
- Major in English
- Major in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (BEED)
Our department has the following objectives:
- Promote active learning in students.
Active learning is a student-centered approach that engages student thinking through the use of class activities that require students to reflect upon and often discuss their ideas and application.
Examples: Role Playing, Giving Project, Debates
- Provide students with competencies and express their ideas in a variety of media forum.
- Engage students in project-based learning in which students work with other classmates.
Project-based learning is a teaching method in which student gains knowledge and skills by working for an extended period of time to respond to complex question, problem, challenges or learning by doing.
Examples: Lending a helping hand.
Students are given the opportunity to explore problems and develop a deeper understanding.
- Allow the students to assess their instructors on academic performance.
Along with the National Service Training Program (NSTP), our department initiated some community services:
- Tree planting in the adopted barangay
- Feeding program for the residents of the adopted barangay
- Watering plants around the vicinity of the school
- Clean-up drive in the school premises
- Developing leadership among the students
We are proud of our BSED and BEED graduates for successfully passing the Board Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (BLEPT). They are now connected with different schools here in Cabanatuan City and other areas of our province, Nueva Ecija.